Here are 10 other things you probably didn't know about her.
|Dr Mary Grant|
Dr Mary Grant joined her ancestors yesterday and numerous personalities including Vice Chairperson of the governing National Democratic Congress, Anita Desoso have poured in tributes eulogising the woman who broke numerous bounds in the country.
With her inactivity for sometime now, many of you may not have heard a lot about her, here are ten things you probably did not know about Dr. Mary Grant.
1. Dr. Mrs Mary Grant is her name and she was born on August 6 1928 hence she was 88 years before she died on September 18.
2. Dr. Grant had her Secondary education at Wesley Girls High School in Cape Coast.
3. She was the first Wesley Girls Alumni to become a medical doctor.
4. She was not only active in the medical field but also was very active in politics during the PNDC days under Jerry John Rawlings.
5. She was the first female Member of Council in Ghana.
6. She was a Member of the Council of State and Minister of Education and Culture from 1991 to 1993.
7. She was also a Member of National Defence Council for General Affairs from 1989 to 2001.
8. She occupied the position of Deputy Minister of Health from 1988-1989.
9. Dr. Mary Grant won the maiden Women's Award ceremony held in Accra. The award scheme was organised by Brien Consult in collaboration with the Ministry of Women and Children's Affairs.
10. Dr. Mary Grant is survived by six children, two of her own and four she adopted. She also had four grandsons before she died on Sunday.